Sunday 10 March 2013

Something a little different!

Hiya everyone, 

I was very fortunate to have won this fab Tigerlily Kaisercraft paperstack and stamp set from Bramwell Crafts after entering a facebook competition so I thought I would try something a little different.  I also thought that I could make my mum a Mother's day card and kill 2 birds with one stone.  I love the colours of this paperstack as it's pretty but not sickly sweet and I adore anything to do with butterlies!
I used only a few small panels and left quite a bit of the white base showing which I am so used to covering up.  The swirl stamp is stamped directly onto a piece of the plainer papers and the butterflies are stamped onto ivory vellum, coloured with promarkers and then cut out.  
I then added a little glamour dust to the bodies.  The sentiment is from some craftwork card sentiments that I had as I was in a rush tonight trying to make one after me and my family have been poorly for most of the week.

I am going to be experimenting with lots of new styles and techniques as I really fancy a change and trying something new so WATCH THIS SPACE!
 


Thanks for looking!




6 comments:

  1. Really beautiful! I love the butterflies and these papers are gorgeous. Hugs, Robin

    PS My sister has some blog candy if you're interested at http://www.sydneyssentiments.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is just gorgeous Paula - I hope you do more xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the butterflies!! very pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE this card Paula!! Gorgeous papers and the vellum butterflies look amazing! Beautiful card layout, the white space really sets the rest of it off. Beautiful, beautiful card. Pretty sure your mama's gonna treasure that one! Hugs, Wends x

    ReplyDelete