Sunday 13 March 2011

There's nuffin like a puffin DT card


Hiya Everyone,

This is another of my Joanna Sheen DT samples that I made for this weekends launch of the new "Tales of the ocean" rubber stamp sets. I coloured the image in with my distress inks. The papers are a light blue wash paper which has been stamped in blue ink with another of the stamps in the same set. I made up the frame by printing a piece of driftwood 4 times that I found on google. I shaped this to look a bit more weathered and inked the edges. I attached it together with mini silver brads. Before attaching it to the image with foam pads I draped a little natural paper string around the frame. I attached an anchor charm to the end of the "rope". I stamped out a couple of starfish and shells which I coloured in with my promarkers and attached them to the frame as well as a small shell I had in my stash. The sentiment was also on the stamp set which I stamped in blue ink. I was quite pleased with how this turned out as I was really making it up as I went along and I think it has a kinda quirky feel to it.


Thanks for looking!!!

Paula. x

2 comments:

  1. Its fantastic sweetie..great image and fabbie layout :o)
    hugs and xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore puffins they are so cheeky and cute.Your card is STUNNING.xx

    ReplyDelete